The Jordan Tourism Board wanted to take advantage of its participation in Fitur 2022, the international tourism fair that is held annually in Madrid, for different purposes. In this best practice of a tourism representation service in Spain you will find the objectives, the approach of the agency as well as the results and the testimonials from the client.
Objective (What did the client want?):
- Schedule meetings with stakeholders, from wholesale and travel agencies, to airlines, associations and other entities in the tourism sector to see possible ways of collaboration in which to support the destination welcoming more Spanish travellers.
- Giving visibility to the Minister of Tourism who attended along with the delegation from the Jordanian Tourism Headquarters.
- Expand the new branding of the destination, “Kingdom of time”, among travellers and the Spanish tourism sector through Public Relations actions (appearing in the media).
- Enhancing relations with the tourism industry and journalists at a Jordanian-themed evening event.
Approach (How did we help the destination?):
- According to the client, at Real we started working well in advance (at the beginning of November when the fair was held in mid-January), which allowed us to contact the stakeholders when they had not yet begun to fill out their agenda and were more available for meetings, interviews, etc.
- As for the meetings, we made a wide selection of the main players in the market, as well as those that, even though they were smaller, were relevant to the destination due to their specialization in sports, nature or religious tourism, for example.
- Regarding the media, we worked in advance on a series of interviews within the framework of Fitur. Moreover, we reacted quickly on the days of the fair to attract media to the stand for interviews. We also provided support by writing and sending a press release about the new branding.
Results (What did we get?):
- The number of appointments that we attended at the stand during the fair doubled compared to the destination previous participation at the fair.
- The total number of interviews managed was 10, both with the Minister and with a spokesperson who spoke Spanish (well above what was expected by the client, who had only had one interview on the previous Fitur edition).
- Attendance at the event: a total of more than 100 people enjoyed the evening (20 of them journalists). A very relevant number considering the pandemic situation.
- Gathering interviews and the press release, the destination has obtained more than 25 impacts (posted articles) in the media and with a potential of reached persons of 95 million. Some media in which Jordan has appeared were Antena3 TV, Vanitatis, El Mundo, TeleMadrid, EsRadio or Rac1, among many others.
Testimonials (What did the client say about our work?):
Mr. Hakim Al-Tamimi, Jordan Tourism Board:
“Working with Sergio and Alba for Fitur 2022, both public relations to get coverage in the media and organizing appointments with the professional tourism sector, has been a real pleasure. On a day-to-day basis, the closeness and ease with which they carry out every detail has caught our attention, highlighting their efficiency, effectiveness and professionalism. Without a doubt, they have exceeded all our expectations, the results were better than expected, and, of course, we will count on Real again for future projects of the Jordan Tourism Board in Spain”.